Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Vancouver fog

This is one of the photos that first prompted me to think about writing a blog.



Every couple of years a dense fog settles in/above Vancouver for a few days up to a couple of weeks. As the fog started burning off this past January I was hoping to get a shot of the downtown slowly emerging from it at sunrise. I woke up at an ungodly hour and made my way up to a lookout point on Cypress Mountain. Alas, I wasn't the only one with this thought in mind. A few photographers were already up there which quickly turned into a crowd.



The fog never did burn off from above downtown Vancouver by the time I had to pack up and go to work, but turning to the left I was presented with the scenery above. I don't often use my 100-400 lens for landscapes, but this scene called for it. I still want that shot of the downtown in the fog so I'm hoping the right conditions show up again this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment